Please note, Alcohol Edu, Think About It, and On the Safe Side must be completed before beginning any recruitment or intake process for any fraternity or sorority. Not completing these educational courses can delay your ability to join a fraternity or sorority.
Dear USC Undergraduate Student:
Your health, wellness and safety are essential to your success as a student at the University of Southern California. On the MyUSC website, you will find three online learning modules designed to provide knowledge and skills on the critical topics of alcohol use, sexual consent, and campus safety.
These three courses will be available on myUSC beginning July 23, 2018.
You must complete the courses by the deadlines indicated below. A hold will be placed on your future semester registration if you do not complete the required courses by those dates.
1. AlcoholEdu for College
Whether or not you decide to drink alcohol while you are at USC, AlcoholEdu for College will assist you in making well-informed decisions and responding to the possible drinking-related behavior of your peers. Please note that you are required to complete USC’s AlcoholEdu for College and pass the final exam even if you have done so at another institution.
DEADLINE FOR PART ONE: August 15, 2018
DEADLINE FOR PART TWO: October 2, 2018
- For technical support, call 1-866-384-9062 or visit support.everfi.com.
- For program questions, visit the Office for Wellness & Health Promotion website or contact 213-740-4777 or email@example.com.
2. Think About It
Think About It is an online course that encourages you to reflect critically on such topics as healthy relationships, consent, dating violence, sexual assault, bystander intervention, and university resources and reporting options available through the university’s administrative process and through local law enforcement.
DEADLINE: October 2018
- For technical support, contact 1-800-652-9546 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For program questions, contact the Office of the Title IX Coordinator at 213-821-8298 or email@example.com.
3. On The Safe Side
This interactive training, designed by the USC Game Innovation Lab, will give you tips to help you make safe choices at USC and beyond. The training follows Ty, an incoming USC student, who faces some common situations where making safe choices is critical. These scenarios are modeled after real situations that students have encountered. Learn to be aware of your surroundings in a lovingly crafted virtual version of the USC campus.
DEADLINE: October 2018
Thank you for helping to make the USC student community a healthy and safe place this upcoming semester.
Dr. Ainsley Carry
Vice President for Student Affairs
Alcohol EDU Instructions
- Always sign in at: my.usc.edu
- In the “my Services” section, go to the Safety & Wellness widget. In the “Online Courses” tab, select AlcoholEdu for College and you will be directed to the registration page.
- If you have enrolled in AlcoholEdu for College during a previous academic year at USC, but did not complete the course (you would see it on your Past Courses tab), click “Add a Course” in the top right corner of your dashboard to re-enroll in your required course.
- If you completed AlcoholEdu for College at another institution, you must still complete it at USC. No exceptions will be made.
- Complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu by August 15, 2018
- After 30-45 days you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu for College which must be completed by October 2, 2018.
Other Important Information
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure participants’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the participant group as a whole and will never see individual answers.
MyUSC Login problems?
Contact USC Information Technology Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 213-740-5555.
Contact EverFi 24/7 via the “help” link within the course.
Questions about the course?
Contact the Office for Wellness and Health Promotion at email@example.com or at 213-740-4777.