Please note, Alcohol Edu, Think About It, and Staying Safe must be completed before beginning any recruitment or intake process for any fraternity or sorority. Not completing these educational courses can delay your ability to join a fraternity or sorority.
Dear USC Undergraduate Student:
Your health, wellness and safety are essential to your success as a student at the University of Southern California. On the MyUSC website, you will find three online learning modules designed to provide knowledge and skills on the critical topics of alcohol use, sexual assault prevention, and campus safety.
These three courses will be available on myUSC beginning July 22, 2019.
You must complete the courses by the deadlines indicated below. A hold will be placed on your Spring 2020 semester registration if you do not complete the required courses by those dates.
1. AlcoholEdu® for College
Whether or not you decide to drink alcohol while you are at USC, AlcoholEdu® for College will assist you in making well-informed decisions and responding to the possible drinking-related behavior of your peers. Please note that you are required to complete USC’s AlcoholEdu® for College and pass the final exam even if you have done so at another institution.
DEADLINE FOR PART ONE: August 20, 2019
DEADLINE FOR PART TWO: October 7, 2019
- For technical support, call 1-866-384-9062 or visit support.everfi.com.
- For program questions, please read the AlcoholEdu® for College Instructions and FAQ or email email@example.com.
2. Think About It
Think About It is an online course that encourages you to reflect critically on such topics as healthy relationships, consent, dating violence, sexual assault, bystander intervention, and university resources and reporting options available through the university’s administrative process and through local law enforcement.
DEADLINE: October 7, 2019
- For technical support, visit support.campusclarity.com or call 844-348-1616.
- For program questions, contact the Office of the Title IX Coordinator at 213-821-8298 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Staying Safe
This short course followed by a quiz provides students with an essential overview of campus resources and tips for staying safe while attending USC.
DEADLINE: October 7, 2019
- For technical or program questions, contact email@example.com.
Thank you for helping to make the USC student community a healthy and safe place this upcoming semester.
Alcohol EDU Instructions
- Always sign in at: my.usc.edu
- In the “my Services” section, go to the Safety & Wellness widget. In the “Online Courses” tab, select AlcoholEdu for College and you will be directed to the registration page.
- If you have enrolled in AlcoholEdu for College during a previous academic year at USC, but did not complete the course (you would see it on your Past Courses tab), click “Add a Course” in the top right corner of your dashboard to re-enroll in your required course.
- If you completed AlcoholEdu for College at another institution, you must still complete it at USC. No exceptions will be made.
- Complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu by August 20, 2019
- After 30-45 days you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu for College which must be completed by October 7, 2019.
Other Important Information
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure participants’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the participant group as a whole and will never see individual answers.
MyUSC Login problems?
Contact USC Information Technology Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 213-740-5555.
Contact EverFi 24/7 via the “help” link within the course.
Questions about the course?
Contact the Office for Wellness and Health Promotion at email@example.com or at 213-740-4777.