Please note, the below educational requirements must be completed before beginning any recruitment or intake process for any fraternity or sorority. Not completing these educational courses can delay your ability to join a fraternity or sorority.
Hazing Prevention Online Courses
In addition to the above courses, those joining a fraternity or sorority will complete two online modules on hazing prevention. One is completed before joining and the second is completed after joining. Completion of each is required for membership in a fraternity or sorority.
- Login at: usc.prevent.zone.
- Select the “Login Now” button and follow the single sign-on process.
- Select “enroll in course” under Hazing Prevention 101™ Course – College Edition 2020.
- Start by completing the “Initial Survey” and proceed to Part 1: What is Hazing?”
- If you completed Hazing Prevention 101™ Course – College Edition at another institution, you must still complete it at USC. No exceptions will be made.
- If you have any questions or problems accessing the module contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Required Course/Workshop||For Undergraduate
|Hazing Prevention 101™ Course– online||Available|
|Fraternity & Sorority Life 2020 – online||Available|
- Hazing Prevention 101TM Course – College Edition 2020 (Part 1)
Provides students with evidence-based, best practices that teach them how to recognize, prevent and report hazing.
- Fraternity & Sorority Life 2020 (Part 2)
An additional module that provides a deep-dive into issues specific to Fraternity & Sorority Life. Requires completion of Hazing Prevention 101™.
Access Prevent.Zone USC here. Sign in using USC SSO credentials.
Alcohol EDU Instructions
- Always sign in at: my.usc.edu
- In the “my Services” section, go to the Safety & Wellness widget. In the “Online Courses” tab, select AlcoholEdu for College and you will be directed to the registration page.
- If you have enrolled in AlcoholEdu for College during a previous academic year at USC, but did not complete the course (you would see it on your Past Courses tab), click “Add a Course” in the top right corner of your dashboard to re-enroll in your required course.
- If you completed AlcoholEdu for College at another institution, you must still complete it at USC. No exceptions will be made.
Other Important Information
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure participants’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the participant group as a whole and will never see individual answers.
MyUSC Login problems?
Contact USC Information Technology Services at email@example.com or at 213-740-5555.
Contact EverFi 24/7 via the “help” link within the course.