In the event of a campus-wide emergency, up-to-date information will be available through several communication vehicles:
Prepare for Emergencies
From USC USC Emergency Preparedness website
- Fire: Learn about fire emergency procedures from the Office of Fire Safety and Emergency Planning.
- Earthquake: Learn about earthquake emergency procedures from the Office of Fire Safety and Emergency Planning.
- Active Shooter: The USC Department of Public Safety (DPS) has created a one hour training session tailored for students, faculty, and staff on what to do in the event of an active shooter. Learn more about the recommended “Run • Hide • Fight” protocol.
Important Contact Information
USC Department of Public Safety (emergency) (213) 740-4321
USC Department of Public Safety (non-emergency/business) (213) 740-6000
Student Counseling Services (UPC) (213) 740-7711
Student Counseling Services (HSC) (323) 442-5631
Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention & Services (RSVP) (213) 740-4900
Title IX/Equity & Diversity (213) 740-5086
University Support and Advocacy (213) 821-4710
Office of Student Judicial Affairs and Community Standards (213) 821-7373
Well-being & Safety
Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention and Services (RSVP) (formerly Center for Women & Men)
- Schedule an outreach: After your request is received we will reach out to you to finalize the details. https://engemannshc.usc.edu/counseling/outreach-programs/
- If you ever need immediate services or a consultation because a student is in crisis you can call the front desk at 213-740-7711 and ask to speak to a crisis counselor.
- Mental health screening survey: Virtual link with resources to college mental health issues and can take anonymously in order to see if they could benefit from professional help. https://engemannshc.usc.edu/counseling/virtual-clinic/
- 20 plus groups we offer as well as the workshops, drop in groups.https://engemannshc.usc.edu/counseling/groups/
Resource Centers & Involvement
USC Engage (formerly OrgSync)